- Open to members only for an indefinite period. Members must produce their membership card and sign in, providing their name and phone number.
- The Rifle and Handgun are open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week
- Trap & Skeet are Skeet are open for their regularly schedule practices on Sundays & Wednesdays until 2pm
Outdoor Archery is open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week except during special events and when Trap or Skeet are shooting. Indoor archery is closed until further notice.
The club is only able to remain open by the efforts of our members who volunteer as Range Officers who monitor attendance and ensure we comply to the guidelines. If it wasn’t for them none of us would be shooting and you need to thank them every time you attend and follow their instructions. If you don’t like the conditions required to attend and use the club facilities do not attend, but if you do attend always be courteous to the Range Officers – they did not make these rules. If you are interested in becoming a Range Officer please contact Rob Clarke.
- No spectators are allowed.
- Staff and members must wear face masks in the designated covered ranges (i.e. PPC, and Rifle ranges)and the Range Officer building where they may come in contact with people outside their bubble.
- All club buildings are not open or available until further notice.
- There will be no membership meetings until further notice.
- There will be no Turkey Shoot this year.
- There will be no events held until further notice.
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will not be held in January this year. Because of COVID regulations regarding AGM dates has been relaxed to allow having the meeting much later as required. We will let everyone know when we are able to hold the meeting.
- The annual Banquet/Fundraiser normally held in February will not be held in 2021.
At this point in time, due to the unique circumstances of the size of our property and the number of ranges we have, we are able to keep our facilities open with a few restrictions:
- Members are required to maintain two meter physical distancing at all times;
- Handgun Bays shall each be limited to no more than 6 people, or direct family members. Non-family member groups are expected to maintain physical distancing; you need to consider your social ‘bubble’, and keep it small.
- Skeet shall be limited to groups of 5 people, plus staff, or family members and you must maintain social distancing while shooting at the posts.
- The use of the Trap fields shall be limited to 5 shooters, plus the staff. Shooters must be separated by the distance between the stations, and the staff is to maintain a two meter distance from the shooters at all times;
- In the case of the Rifle range, every second firing position has been closed. In addition, people should avoid any collective gathering of individuals at a firing point, other than the persons in your immediate group. ‘Groups’ are limited to 6 people maximum. Again, physical distancing should be practiced if you are not family members;
- The outdoor Archery range shall be limited to 5 shooters and will be open except on Wednesdays and Sundays when Trap & Skeet are shooting.
- Guests of members (i.e. those without a PAL) need to be safely supervised. Family members can accompany members and be instructed on the range, but instruction and introduction of shooting to a new shooter (not directly related to the member) is not permitted due to the distancing requirements. People who are not family members, who drive to the range in separate cars, are required to comply with the physical distancing requirement.
All members are encouraged to follow “the basics” including:
- Staying off NANAIMO FISH & GAME property if you, or anyone you know, are at risk, or have any symptoms of cough, cold, flu, or any of the symptoms of COVID-19;
- We have hand sanitizer on the ranges but you will need to bring your own mask.
- Maintaining good hand hygiene;
- Avoiding touching one’s eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Practicing respiratory etiquette (such as coughing into your sleeve); and
- Keeping appropriate physical distance.
We should remain aware that this is a very fluid situation and our plan may change as required. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and respond as required. We thank all Vancouver Islanders for their effort to date, and encourage everyone to continue the fight until this Virus is beaten.