PayPal is working properly to take your membership.
- Members must produce their membership card and sign in, providing their name and phone number
- The Club is now open to non-members again. Please be advised that you will need to check in with our range officers when you get to the facility and provide your name and contact information so that we can remain COVID compliant with our friends from Work Safe BC. The Range Officer will ask to see your picture ID and it will be recorded into our visitor log and normal drop in fees ($20 per day) are in effect. During your visit, please consider joining the Nanaimo Fish & Game Club!
- The club phone number is 250-754-2846
Effective November 15, 2021 the rifle and handguns ranges are open 7 days a week from 9am to Sundown.
****TRAP and SKEET will still be open for practices as usual on Wednesdays and Sundays.
The Air Gun Range is Open!
Wednesday 6:00-8:00 (last shot 7:45)
Club Rifles available.
Small Fee for pellets and targets.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Carmen Barclay Hamm
- Trap & Skeet are Skeet are open for their regularly schedule practices on Sundays & Wednesdays until 1pm
Outdoor Archery is open from 9am to 5pm seven days a week except during special events and when Trap or Skeet are shooting.
The Indoor Archery range in the log building is open Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 6 PM to 8 PM,
The range is also open Sunday and Wednesday mornings from 9 AM- 11:59 AM.
The indoor Archery range is open to current members and guests with their own equipment only.
There will be no “new shooter” evenings or formal coaching available at this time.
*Do not come to the range if you or a member of your family are sick or are experiencing any of the following;
- Feeling unwell, Fever, Cough, Cold, Sneezing, Runny Nose, Cold or Flu symptoms
- Travel or contact with someone thought to have had Covid in the past 14 days
Wearing a mask is recommended for all persons over the age of 12, unless they are fully vaccinated. Masks do not need to be worn on the shooting line.
On arrival at the log building members will sign in with their name membership number, date and time.
Members are reminded to sign out prior to leaving the range.
The club is only able to remain open by the efforts of our members who volunteer as Range Officers who monitor attendance and ensure we comply to the guidelines. If it wasn’t for them none of us would be shooting and you need to thank them every time you attend and follow their instructions. If you don’t like the conditions required to attend and use the club facilities do not attend, but if you do attend always be courteous to the Range Officers – they did not make these rules. If you are interested in becoming a Range Officer please contact Rob Clark
- All club buildings are not open or available until further notice.
- There will be no membership meetings until further notice.
- There will be no Turkey Shoot in 2021
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will not be held in January this year. Because of COVID regulations regarding AGM dates has been relaxed to allow having the meeting much later as required. We will let everyone know when we are able to hold the meeting.
- The annual Banquet/Fundraiser normally held in February will not be held in 2021.
At this point in time, due to the unique circumstances of the size of our property and the number of ranges we have, we are able to keep our facilities open with a few restrictions:
- Members are required to maintain two meter physical distancing at all times;
- The outdoor Archery range will be open except on Wednesdays and Sundays when Trap & Skeet are shooting.
- Guests of members (i.e. those without a PAL) need to be safely supervised. Family members can accompany members and be instructed on the range, but instruction and introduction of shooting to a new shooter (not directly related to the member) is not permitted due to the distancing requirements. People who are not family members, who drive to the range in separate cars, are required to comply with the physical distancing requirement.
All members are encouraged to follow “the basics” including:
- Staying off NANAIMO FISH & GAME property if you, or anyone you know, are at risk, or have any symptoms of cough, cold, flu, or any of the symptoms of COVID-19;
- We have hand sanitizer on the ranges but you will need to bring your own mask.
- Maintaining good hand hygiene;
- Avoiding touching one’s eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Practicing respiratory etiquette (such as coughing into your sleeve); and
- Keeping appropriate physical distance.
We should remain aware that this is a very fluid situation and our plan may change as required. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and respond as required. We thank all Vancouver Islanders for their effort to date, and encourage everyone to continue the fight until this Virus is beaten.